- British Prime Minister Theresa May called for a snap election to bolster her party's majority, and ended up losing 12 seats and the majority. There are calls for her to resign.
- FiveThirtyEight's Trump Beat discusses my home state of Kansas and the disastrous tax-cuts that are finally being rolled back (among other topics).
- Also on FiveThirtyEight, an emergency podcast I'll be downloading to my phone and an In One Chart article, both dealing with Comey's testimony.
- WaPo discusses how much you need to make to afford rent, and found that in no state could a minimum wage worker afford a two-bedroom apartment.
- And because I need something fun to off-set all these politics, today is National Donald Duck Day and National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day (via Dena's Ramblings).
Friday, June 9, 2017
Catching Up on Reading
I've been on vacation (currently in Denver) and haven't made time to blog, although I'm sure I'll be blogging regularly again when we return to Chicago. I'm still keeping up on reading my favorite blogs until now, but today will be spent squeezing in our last bit of Denver sightseeing before flying up to Montana to visit family for the weekend. So here's my reading list for when I get a little downtime at the airport: