- Alpha, one of the most important concepts in statistics, in which I also give a short introduction to probability
- Error, which builds on probability information from previous posts, and starts to introduce the idea of explained and unexplained variance
- N-1, a concept many of my students struggled to understand in introductory statistics - this post helped me solidify my thoughts on the topic, and I think I understand it much better for having written about it
- What's Normal Anyway, my first Statistics Sunday post, which had the added bonus of proving to myself there is a way to explain skewness and kurtosis in a way people understand, and that these don't need to be considered advanced topics
- Analysis of Variance, which used the movie theatre example I first came up with when I taught statistics for the first time - I remember overhearing my students during their final exam study sessions saying to each other, "Remember the movie theatre..."
I plan on getting back to writing regular posts soon, and have a list of statistics topics to sit down and write about. Stay tuned.
Post a Comment