- Fiction: Little Fires Everywhere
- Mystery & Thriller: Into the Water - Paula Hawkins's wonderful second book (her first was The Girl on the Train)
- Historical Fiction: Before We Were Yours
- Fantasy: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Romance: Without Merit
- Science Fiction: Artemis - another second book, this one by Andy Wier, who gave us The Martian
- Horror: Sleeping Beauties - Stephen King's horror collaboration with son, Owen King
- Humor: Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything In Between
- Nonfiction: How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life
- Memoir & Autobiography: What Happened
- History & Biography: The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women
- Science & Technology: Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
- Food & Cookbooks: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It! Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives
- Graphic Novels & Comics: Big Mushy Happy Lump
- Poetry: The Sun and Her Flowers
- Debut as well as Young Adult Fiction: The Hate U Give
- Young Adult Fantasy: A Court of Wings and Ruin
- Middle Grade & Children's: The Ship of the Dead
- Picture Book: We're All Wonders
There is surprisingly little overlap between this list and Amazon's Top 100. You might remember I lamented that Amazon didn't include The Radium Girls, which won History & Biography here, or What It Means When a Man Falls From the Sky, which was nominated for Best Fiction here, but did not win. In fact, the only books from this list that made Amazon's list were Little Fires Everywhere (2), The Sun and Her Flowers (60), and The Hate U Give (21).
I've added many of these books to my reading list. In fact, The Radium Girls has been sitting on my to-read shelf for months now, and I keep picking up Sleeping Beauties in the bookstore, only to put it back down and tell myself not to buy it until I'm ready to read it.
I may have a book problem, but I'm kind of okay with it...