And to add to the celebration, here's 5 facts about Joshua Tree:
- The album was almost called "The Two Americas" as their inspiration for the songs came from the real America, as well as the mythic "American dream"
- The album cover was not shot in Joshua Tree National Park, but rather of a lone Joshua tree in the Mojave desert
- That tree was blown over in 2000, but it's still there, surrounded by memorabilia from fans
- Joshua Tree remains the band's best-selling album
- The band has never performed at any venues near Joshua Tree National Park or the location of the lone Joshua tree