Here's what's going on with me currently:
- I had my first conference call with my company's Research Advisory Committee last night, a committee I imagine I'll inherit as my own now that I'm Director of Research
- I submitted my first novel query to an agent earlier today and received a confirmation email that she got it
- I've been reading a ton and apparently am 5 books ahead of schedule on my Goodreads reading challenging: 38 books so far this year
- The research center I used to work for was not renewed, so they'll be shutting their doors in 14 months; I'm sad for my colleagues
- Today is my work anniversary: I've been at my current job 1 year! My boss emailed me about it this morning, along with this picture:
First of all congratulations on the new job/position! I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog. I read many psych and stats blogs, but I can say that yours ranks very high among my favorite ones. The posts have just the right length for me, I learned a lot from them, and I always find them entertaining as well. Although I already miss your frequent blog posts, I can certainly understand the reasons why you blog less atm. I wish you all the best for your novel and your other new projects, and look forward to reading new blog posts in the (hopefully near) future!
I've been checking daily, and am glad to hear that your break was a reflection of current demands, rather than some unexpected incident. Your commentaries are something I look forward to. I ditto Johannes good wishes, and hope to read more stats soon.ReplyDelete
Also, I'm not clear as to whether you've freed yourself from the VA or not. It's good to have a job, but most jobs with that organization either are ephemeral or lacking long-term satisfaction. So, on with your life.
Thank you both! It's wonderful to hear people enjoy the blog and it's just the kind of thing a blogger needs to hear to get some inspiration to write again!ReplyDelete